Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on February 09, 2015, 04:27:42 am
-
A walk on the Wild Side.
-
Nice and moody, like the colors & silhouettes.
-
Someway friedrichian.
-
Nice and moody indeed, well done. Regards, Sander
-
Love the silhouettes!
-
Splendid, Stamper. Bravo! Wish I'd shot that.
-
Splendid, Stamper. Bravo! Wish I'd shot that.
+1.
-
Thanks for the feedback. It was the best sunset I had seen in a long time. The Necropolis is on a high hill and has lots of headstones. There aren't any burials taking place anymore and it has become a tourist attraction in Glasgow, Scotland. The trick is to isolate a few headstones and not go too near to the front of the Necropolis because as you can see in the image that the modern Glasgow is starting to show and clutters the mid ground.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_Necropolis
A marvellous place to visit. You hear a lot of nationalities conversing with each other. There used to be deer roaming about - despite being in the centre of Glasgow - but the locals hunted them down with crossbows.
-
I'm not sure that the "modern" Glasgow, cluttering the mid-ground, isn't a plus. Instead of a simple but beautiful picture of an old, old graveyard, we have a contrast between modern, bustling industrialism down there and an old, old, peaceful graveyard up here. It strikes me that there's symbolism in that contrast.
-
I like it a lot.
-
Great story telling. The yellow but somber sky together with the tombstones are making a real doomsday sunset scenario where some emotionless survivors are looking down where the lost souls are burning in their plants.
-
Intriguing. And I appreciate the back-story.