Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: PBC on February 07, 2015, 10:38:08 am
-
Just back from a few days in Torridon (Scottish Highlands) where we had some great winter weather. This shot could have been called Dawn Surprise; having driven to the location through blizzards and were not sure we would even get to the location, we arrived to surreal calm weather - before the blizzards arrived again!
3 vertical stitches were used to make this image and is best viewed big.
Appreciate people's thoughts
Thanks
Phil
-
I nice panorama, Phil. I like the calm water, soft light and the mood. Your braving the elements paid off.
Yes, I can imagine a large print would look fabulous.
-
Superb. Love the blue-grey and the mood to match. Well done.
JR
-
Magical!
-
It's a lovely image; perhaps a little too blue for my taste, though.
Jeremy
-
Majestic and so serene. I bet it will be spectacular as a large print.
-
I like this very much.
Simple elements but a spectacular result.
My only thought (not a criticism though) is that perhaps, since reflections are a prominent part of the image, if making the image a symmetrical one using the far shoreline as the guide might work.
Tony Jay
-
Thanks guys
@Tony Jay - I did look at centering the image horizontally due to the reflections but (to me) it didn't feel right and I preferred a slightly off centre position.
Phil
-
A similar thought crossed my mind. In fact, I tought positioning the horizon a bit above the center (to weight the image more towards the reflection). But I like your final decision.
-
Just fine as it is. That was your vision and I think it should be respected and that goes for the colour too. A very nicely processed image that must have made you feel good once it was completed.
-
Thanks guys
@Tony Jay - I did look at centering the image horizontally due to the reflections but (to me) it didn't feel right and I preferred a slightly off centre position.
Phil
Perfect Phil - the proof is always in the pudding!
Tony Jay
-
Beautiful. (Nit: that thin white border is distracting.)