Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chairman Bill on January 22, 2015, 04:08:53 pm

Title: The garden gate
Post by: Chairman Bill on January 22, 2015, 04:08:53 pm
A gateway through a walled garden

Title: Re: The garden gate
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 22, 2015, 05:37:37 pm
Nice. Does it lead into Narnia?   ;)
Title: Re: The garden gate
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on January 22, 2015, 05:57:28 pm
Splendid composition.
Title: Re: The garden gate
Post by: seamus finn on January 22, 2015, 06:18:05 pm
Splendid composition.

Exactly. Lovely shot.
Title: Re: The garden gate
Post by: pcgpcg on January 22, 2015, 06:37:18 pm
What a delightful and fun shot! My only preference would be to show more of the tree on the left so the doorway isn't so centered. Beautiful!
Title: Re: The garden gate
Post by: RSL on January 22, 2015, 06:51:36 pm
+1, except I don't agree with Paul on the location of the door. This is one case where it needs to be right where it is.
Title: Re: The garden gate
Post by: petermfiore on January 22, 2015, 06:55:31 pm
Great job. Your composition is as it should be...right of center. Politicly neutral of course.


Peter
Title: Re: The garden gate
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 22, 2015, 07:03:02 pm
Oh, no, another featureless patch of sky (252, 252, 252)  ;)

Fine shot, btw.
Title: Re: The garden gate
Post by: Colorado David on January 22, 2015, 07:03:55 pm
The end of Act I of Secret Garden.  "The key!  I found the key."
Title: Re: The garden gate
Post by: Chairman Bill on January 23, 2015, 04:17:01 am
What a delightful and fun shot! My only preference would be to show more of the tree on the left so the doorway isn't so centered. Beautiful!

Thanks. I did think about off-setting the door to the right a bit, but I wanted the eye drawn forward through the door, and having the door more or less central seemed to achieve that.

And thanks for the positive comments everyone
Title: Re: The garden gate
Post by: stamper on January 23, 2015, 04:45:54 am
I think what you did was correct Bill. Nice processing.
Title: Re: The garden gate
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 23, 2015, 02:56:39 pm
Very nice, Bill.

Nice. Does it lead into Narnia?   ;)

Oh come on, Eric: how much like a wardrobe does it look?

Jeremy
Title: Re: The garden gate
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 23, 2015, 03:46:36 pm
Very nice, Bill.

Oh come on, Eric: how much like a wardrobe does it look?

Jeremy
I know the wardrobe was the first way in, but I thought I remembered that there were eventually one or two other portals. I'll have to redo my research.

Maybe the Secret Garden is more like it.

Very nice photo, Bill.
Title: Re: The garden gate
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 24, 2015, 02:44:50 pm
I know the wardrobe was the first way in, but I thought I remembered that there were eventually one or two other portals. I'll have to redo my research.

Let me know, and if I'm wrong, I'll retract!

Jeremy
Title: Re: The garden gate
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 24, 2015, 02:54:53 pm
Let me know, and if I'm wrong, I'll retract!

Gentlemen, gentlemen, PLEASE! I am afraid that your confrontation about the beginning of Narnia might have the same ending:

(http://www.free-wallpaper-download.com/movie/narnia/nn_wall_battlescene_1280.jpg)