Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Herbc on January 04, 2015, 01:17:36 pm

Title: Increasing print font density
Post by: Herbc on January 04, 2015, 01:17:36 pm
I got persuaded to print some pdf posters for her majesty, 11x17 on my 3800, but the fonts come out grey no matter what I tell the driver to do.  Any thoughts on how to achieve strong black font printing?
Title: Re: Increasing print font density
Post by: Mark Lindquist on January 05, 2015, 08:22:06 am
Try converting the pdf to a tiff.  Flatten image>save as tif in photoshop>print.

Otherwise let them eat cake.

Title: Re: Increasing print font density
Post by: jferrari on January 05, 2015, 09:22:03 am
I got persuaded to print some pdf posters for her majesty,

Yeah, I got stuck having to print some posters for my wife, too!  ;D
Title: Re: Increasing print font density
Post by: Wayne Fox on January 05, 2015, 12:10:19 pm
Maybe the paper? Weak blacks are  normal when printing on media not made for inkjet. Without the inkjet receptor coat the media absorbs too much ink.

Matte black instead of photo black may help.
Title: Re: Increasing print font density
Post by: picman on January 06, 2015, 01:14:06 pm
If you can edit the file, change the fonts from black to a "rich black" then cmyk will make the black not just the k.
Google "rich black" .