Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: dreed on December 28, 2014, 09:13:32 pm

Title: Fraser Island Australia - Anatomy Of A National Geographic Assignment
Post by: dreed on December 28, 2014, 09:13:32 pm
Great article on how to photograph and use photographs to tell a story.

I often say to people "When I grow up, I want to be good enough to take photographs for National Geographic."
Title: Re: Fraser Island Australia - Anatomy Of A National Geographic Assignment
Post by: Ian Anderson on December 30, 2014, 12:16:48 pm
Thank you for the interesting article and beautiful photographs.  I really enjoyed reading about how you created the photographs to tell the story and how each photo accomplishes that the specific requirements. 
Title: Re: Fraser Island Australia - Anatomy Of A National Geographic Assignment
Post by: David Anderson on December 30, 2014, 03:57:24 pm
I've been to Fraser a few times and it's certainly an interesting place, but who cares about the scenery when the fishing is that good ??  ;D
Title: Re: Fraser Island Australia - Anatomy Of A National Geographic Assignment
Post by: Chrisso26 on December 31, 2014, 08:50:56 pm
Fantastic pictures.
No need to separate them, but.... The dingo shot is fabulous, plus the animal is rather iconic in relation to Fraser Island.

Worth noting a photographer and pilot recently perished photographing the Sydney to Hobart yacht race.
Aerial photography is not without it's risks.