Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: aaronchan on December 02, 2014, 11:59:14 am
-
I'm currently working on a hotel job which I need to print 2000 somthing sq.ft on fine art matte paper.
Totally I have to print almost 20 rolls of 44" paper and 10 rolls of 36" paper.
printing with 1440dpi
Yeah! Cool job right? Forgot to mention I'm using only ONE Epson 9880.
Bad thing about this printer is it is extremely slow.
The good thing is this printer works like a horse (I'm a Chinese and I think a cow works harder than a horse)
Anyway, Not really complaining about it, just want to spend some time online while I'm waiting the next print falls off from it.
Aaron
-
hahaa. sounds like a great project.
As long as there are no hicups in the middle of the process when it runs as you sleep and wake up to a paused job :-)
I like the Epsons beyond the 7800 and up. (not so much the printheads, or the ink usage).
How do you plan to frame mount and hang?
-
Well, each print is 44 x 68 inch, so I rather catch everything print when it's done.
If I just leave them in the basket, I afraid the top one will crumble up the bottom one.
Everything will be mounted on dibond
everything will be framed as you don't want anyone to scratch the print
you never know who's going to stay overnight in the hotel room.
aaron
-
I've done one job that took 10 days 24/7 to print on my 7600… *That* was really slow, about 10 hours per roll as I recall.
Did my hotel job running through more than 80 rolls of canvas on my 9900 which is a little faster than the 9880. I had time to craft the images as I printed but then each had to be coated and dried before delivery to my framer.
The largest were 40x72 and they were the most difficult to coat.
It's a nice project when you get them and if you are skilled, it's just a matter of baby sitting the machinery as it does all the work!
I hope you get well paid for all the ink and paper!
-
Might be worth investing in the auto take up reel. Then queue the jobs up and go shopping at the mall or something.
-
I'm a Chinese and I think a cow works harder than a horse . . .
Consider the ant. :D
Sounds like a great job!
-
Might be worth investing in the auto take up reel. Then queue the jobs up and go shopping at the mall or something.
If next time I can get a job like this,
first thing I would do is to upgrade my 9880 to 11880.
It prints wider, faster and it comes with the take up reel.
Plus the printer is actually pretty cheap right now.
9890 with K3 VM ink - $3500
9900 with HDR 11 ink - $4000
11880 with K3 VM ink 64" - $6600
Things are getting so cheap right now.
But this is the US price, I'm not sure about my local price (Hong Kong)
I hope my dealer can offer me as good as the US price tho.
aaron