Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: seamus finn on October 25, 2014, 04:42:46 pm
-
-
-
Beautiful, Seamus. Can't believe you caught the gal against that fantastic background. What great luck. Bravo! That's keeping your eyes open.
-
+1.
-
What a luck. Congratulations for that shot. Could you provide some information on that house, please?
Harald
-
What a luck. Congratulations for that shot. Could you provide some information on that house, please?
Harald
It's in the Oxford Street area of Sydney. On my regular walks past it, I'd think what a backdrop it would make if only something interesting happened on the green area in front of it, and then one morning, on my regular saunter through the place, I saw the girl doing her stretches. Luck? Yes. The more you open your eyes, the luckier you get!
-
You certainly opened your eyes with regards to this scene. It must have given you great satisfaction. :)
-
When I saw it, Stamper, I got a jolt better than any fix - chemical or otherwise!
-
For the curious, here's a colour version. I managed to squeeze off two shots before the girl collected her gear and walked off.
-
A perfect example where color is better than b&w. There is the similarity of the blue in her leggings and in the building, and light pink vs. strong pink as well.
Out of curiosity, is the building a round structure? Or is that just a lens barrel distortion? For the ground under her, it is easy: a proof that earth is round after all ;)
Oh, and great capture, of course!
-
Yeah, there's a curve in the building as far as I remember. The grass area is sloped, obviously.
-
I agree with Slobodan about the color. The BW is stunning, but the color is even better.
Fantastic shot.