Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: PBC on September 27, 2014, 12:37:00 pm
-
A day of heavy rain and hail showers eases to allow a burst of sunlight to flood the Kyle of Tongue and the mountain of Ben Loyal behind. For a sense of scale, and it is hard to see, there is a house just on the left-hand side of the causeway, about 20% up from the bottom of the frame :-)
For those that don't know of the Kyle of Tongue is is a large estuary on the (very) exposed (especially in December!) north coast of Scotland
Still not sure if I have processed this one to maximise the scene, so appreciate all feedback
Phil
-
Not bad for a thirteen-year-old.
-
"Not bad for a thirteen-year-old."
Sorry lost me on that reply ???
-
Click on your name and check your profile.
-
Ah makes sense now!
Well you learn something everyday :-) Seems I am very young with a birth date of 01/01/01; wonder how that got set - looks like a default somehow. Well now fixed and would have added forty odd years to the age, if I owned up to it.
Phil
-
Wonderful light, wonderful moment, beautifully captured!
I can't think of anything to critique, except for, perhaps a tad more foreground ocean, just to give a little more space along the bottom. Thanks for sharing.
-
Thanks for the feedback. I admit it would have been nice with a bit more foreground water, but there were just dark sandbanks which I cropped off.
-
I very much like it except the water not having a yellow/orange cast on it somewhere. To be more "realistic" there should be less blue?
-
@Stamper - I see what you mean. It think it needed a slightly warming up of the bottom 3rd over the water to balance it with the top; so I gave it a +11 on the Temp applied as a grad across the bottom in Lightroom.
Hopefully, better balanced now ?
-
Nice! That works for me.
-
+1
-
This is now a very fine image. :)
-
Many thanks everyone.