Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: mal mcilwraith on September 23, 2014, 04:12:32 am
-
How the spirit of the rocks ebb and flow in geological time - we come, we go, they stay.
Bald Rock National Park
IQ 180,35mm, iso 100 f8 1/160
5 images focused stacked, graduated red filter, one over lay.
-
Mysterious, I'm not sure that I can understand all the elements but I like it a lot. Well imagined and perfectly crafted.
-
Good one. I think I'd also like a version without the overlay.
-
Scott
A fair request. Here it is. This image was taken to be a black and white image, no colour version available.
Mal
-
Both are beautiful, Mal, but the addition of the overlay adds another dimension of mystery. To me, it elevates the original to a higher plain of intrigue, making it more thought-provoking.
Great work, Mal!!
-
+1
-
Mal,
The original stands strong on its own, but as others have said, the overlay makes for a very different image - strange & mysterious, and almost unsettling ;D
Matt
-
Thanks, Mal. Good seeing, processing and interpretation.
-
Both are beautiful, Mal, but the addition of the overlay adds another dimension of mystery. To me, it elevates the original to a higher plain of intrigue, making it more thought-provoking.
Great work, Mal!!
I think it helps balance the image more as well adding interest to the lower left and upper right of the frame.
-
I love your creativity. I have never been to Australia, but I can see an influence from exposure to Aboriginal culture.
-
Paul
There are parts of the Australian landscape which are like old weathered bones, so there is less lush greenery and more earth colours.
In about a week we are off on another landscape adventure to a place called the Flinders Ranges in South Australia. So I am excited about experiencing the barren ridge lines, the plunging gorges and the ancient river gums whose branches curl like campfire smoke, before they hang their gnarled fingers towards the ground.
Regards
Mal
-
I think I like the overlay of shapes better than I do the overlay of lines, though I have not seen it without the lines.
-
Here is another image from the same day which explores the contrast between complexity and simplicity - I have just noticed, that in both cases the complexity element is dead and the simplicity image is rock and living trees.
Maybe instead of a new camera I need a shrink!!!!
Mal