Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Larry Heath on September 22, 2014, 08:05:41 am

Title: Super Moon II
Post by: Larry Heath on September 22, 2014, 08:05:41 am
(https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3919/15267032906_b86d69d7aa_b.jpg)


Later Larry (https://flic.kr/p/pg6wZh)
Title: Re: Super Moon II
Post by: luxborealis on September 22, 2014, 08:00:29 pm
Does it "work" without the title?
Title: Re: Super Moon II
Post by: Larry Heath on September 23, 2014, 10:55:13 am
Well it does for me, obviously; the title was more a statement of when the image was taken, as opposed to a “hint” as to how to interpret the image, which is I suppose really up to the viewer to decide for themselves. So I will respond further with a question to you, does the image illicit any emotional response, does it "work" for you, sans the title?

Please do feel free to be completely critical of any facet of the image, as you see it, technical, aesthetic or otherwise.

Later Larry
Title: Re: Super Moon II
Post by: luxborealis on September 23, 2014, 05:56:57 pm
There are elements of the scene I like: beautiful light, great colour in the sky. I even like the rather central composition with a high horizon. I do wish, however, that we could see the whole moon. I also find some of the foreground stones to be a bit "hot".

Over all, does it work? It's a shot that grabs my attention, and causes me to sit up and take notice, but not enough to hang on the wall.

Thanks for sharing!