Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Harald L on May 30, 2014, 07:58:34 am

Title: Baltic Seascape
Post by: Harald L on May 30, 2014, 07:58:34 am
On of my favorite spots at the Baltic Sea. C&C welcomed
Title: Re: Baltic Seascape
Post by: muntanela on May 30, 2014, 08:47:11 am
Rügen?
Title: Re: Baltic Seascape
Post by: Harald L on May 30, 2014, 05:57:18 pm
Rügen?

Yes, you're right.
Title: Re: Baltic Seascape
Post by: muntanela on May 31, 2014, 01:57:25 am
Caspar David Friedrich...

P.S. I'd like a shot of the Nordsee Wattenmeer 
Title: Re: Baltic Seascape
Post by: Harald L on May 31, 2014, 02:54:11 am
Caspar David Friedrich...

P.S. I'd like a shot of the Nordsee Wattenmeer 

Here you are

Title: Re: Baltic Seascape
Post by: luxborealis on May 31, 2014, 01:33:33 pm
Lovely coastline, but this portrayal feels incomplete. Also the left half is decidedly darker than the right half, unbalancing the photo. I realize the sun is off to the right, but the fall-off seems, for want of a better word, un-natural (although I realize "natural" may not be what you're after).
Title: Re: Baltic Seascape
Post by: Harald L on May 31, 2014, 02:26:37 pm
Lovely coastline, but this portrayal feels incomplete. Also the left half is decidedly darker than the right half, unbalancing the photo. I realize the sun is off to the right, but the fall-off seems, for want of a better word, un-natural (although I realize "natural" may not be what you're after).

You're damned right, it is quite unbalanced and I wouldn't post it here. It was just a quick response to the call for Wattenmeer.

Harald
Title: Re: Baltic Seascape
Post by: muntanela on May 31, 2014, 05:18:51 pm
Thanks! I don't find it too unbalanced. I miss only some water in the sand and an einsamen Mönch am Meer ......
Title: Re: Baltic Seascape
Post by: muntanela on May 31, 2014, 05:19:37 pm
Thanks! I don't find it too unbalanced. I miss only some water in the sand and (or) an einsamen Mönch am Meer ......
Title: Re: Baltic Seascape
Post by: Harald L on May 31, 2014, 06:02:14 pm
Thanks! I don't find it too unbalanced. I miss only some water in the sand and an einsamen Mönch am Meer ......

I'm so sorry. That evening our renowned lonesome monk was already booked for a Sauerkraut-Schweinebraten-and-Weißbier session in a bavarian alps sunset.

Harald
Title: Re: Baltic Seascape
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 31, 2014, 06:18:07 pm
You're damned right, it is quite unbalanced and I wouldn't post it here. It was just a quick response to the call for Wattenmeer.

Harald

Terry was talking about your OP photo, not Wattenmeer, I presume. Actually, Wattenmeer is quite a successful photo. I would just selectively open up shadows in the beach house a bit.
Title: Re: Baltic Seascape
Post by: Harald L on June 06, 2014, 05:24:25 pm
Lovely coastline, but this portrayal feels incomplete. Also the left half is decidedly darker than the right half, unbalancing the photo. I realize the sun is off to the right, but the fall-off seems, for want of a better word, un-natural (although I realize "natural" may not be what you're after).

Terry, I've referred your comment to the wrong picture. Sorry for that. You're right. Here's a new approach.

Harald