Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: DwayneOakes on May 09, 2014, 08:21:47 pm

Title: Trout Lily spring wildflower
Post by: DwayneOakes on May 09, 2014, 08:21:47 pm
What a beauty, I just love the color pattern on the leaves
which it gets its name from. Sigma dp2 Merrill/Sigma Photo Pro.

Title: Re: Trout Lily spring wildflower
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 09, 2014, 11:54:45 pm
Nice one, Dwayne.
I shot some trout lilies a few days ago, but not nearly as nice.
Title: Re: Trout Lily spring wildflower
Post by: wolfnowl on May 10, 2014, 02:37:12 am
Well seen! And captured!

 a.k.a. Dogtooth Violet, but it is a lily and not a violet. The leaves are edible, BTW.

Out here on the wet coast we have white fawn lilies and pink fawn lilies, which are related. There's also a yellow variety up in the mountains but I haven't seen one.

Mike.
Title: Re: Trout Lily spring wildflower
Post by: DwayneOakes on May 10, 2014, 07:15:04 am
Nice one, Dwayne.
I shot some trout lilies a few days ago, but not nearly as nice.


Thank you very much for the comments !
Title: Re: Trout Lily spring wildflower
Post by: DwayneOakes on May 10, 2014, 07:16:54 am
Well seen! And captured!

 a.k.a. Dogtooth Violet, but it is a lily and not a violet. The leaves are edible, BTW.

Out here on the wet coast we have white fawn lilies and pink fawn lilies, which are related. There's also a yellow variety up in the mountains but I haven't seen one.

Mike.

Cool on the spring wildflowers in your area !