Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Ligament on May 04, 2014, 10:41:28 pm

Title: Does anybody rent large format FILM cameras?
Post by: Ligament on May 04, 2014, 10:41:28 pm
Looking to rent an 8x10 or larger film camera. Are there any good rental houses in the USA? I'm on the west coast but anywhere will do.

Thanks!
Title: Re: Does anybody rent large format FILM cameras?
Post by: Sheldon N on May 05, 2014, 12:29:13 am
You could probably buy one for darn near the cost of a couple days rental, they aren't that expensive anymore.

Buy something reasonably priced on the used market, shoot with it for as long as you want, sell it with little to no loss.

I'm into my 8x10 kit for around a grand, and that's including the camera plus lens/scanner/processing equipment/film holders/accessories.
Title: Re: Does anybody rent large format FILM cameras?
Post by: Go Go on May 05, 2014, 10:23:48 am
Check out NOHO PRODUCTIONS 636 BROADWAY NEW YORK, NY 10012 T 212.228.4068 F 212.228.6648

Or alternatively I think (?) Samy's in LA.
Title: Re: Does anybody rent large format FILM cameras?
Post by: StoneNYC on May 11, 2014, 04:13:59 am
I agree, just buy the camera ;)