Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Harald L on March 26, 2014, 07:25:21 pm

Title: Southland (NZ)
Post by: Harald L on March 26, 2014, 07:25:21 pm
On the way from Milton to Taieri Mouth, C&C welcomed.

Harald
Title: Re: Southland (NZ)
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on March 27, 2014, 02:59:26 am
Wonderful and perfectly balanced shot.
I think it is so stable you could put some stress on it by leaving the comfort zone when working on the tones.
Contrast, dodging+burning and such.

Cheers
~Chris
Title: Re: Southland (NZ)
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 27, 2014, 05:26:56 am
I agree with Chris, but I'm not entirely convinced by his "perfectly balanced": it looks cramped at the top, and I'd like to see a little more sky above the uppermost branches. Easily fixed, I think.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Southland (NZ)
Post by: Harald L on March 27, 2014, 06:53:09 am
... Easily fixed, I think.

Jeremy

Oh yes, just drive to that place again and take the 18mm-lens ;-)

Harald
Title: Re: Southland (NZ)
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on March 27, 2014, 09:03:40 am
Oh yes, just drive to that place again and take the 18mm-lens ;-)

Harald

Wrong answer ... :P
Title: Re: Southland (NZ)
Post by: francois on March 27, 2014, 10:20:13 am
I agree with Jeremy's remark with the lack of breathing room at the top of the frame. Other than that, it's a very pleasant image.
Title: Re: Southland (NZ)
Post by: cjogo on March 27, 2014, 12:47:07 pm
Everything in its place ~~ nicely captured ...
Title: Re: Southland (NZ)
Post by: Harald L on March 27, 2014, 07:32:54 pm
Here's another shot. More room above the tree but unfortunately a different viewpoint which isn't so beneficial for the tree like the first one.

Harald