Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: synn on December 27, 2013, 10:28:07 am

Title: Took the big step, finally!
Post by: synn on December 27, 2013, 10:28:07 am
I have finally made the step to MFDB.

After evaluating a myriad of options (And trust me, this is one of the most complicated topics I have ever researched on), I have decided to go for a Credo 40/645 DF+/80mm LS kit. For my style of shooting, this makes the most sense of all the options I had at hand.

At this point, I would like to offer my sincere thanks to the various members of the forum who have helped me through the decision making process. Your inputs were extremely helpful for me to identify my priorities.

A special round of thanks go to Doug Peterson; who was instrumental in helping me find the right choice. Him and his team were as helpful as it can get and I couldn't ask for more. Regrettably, I am not making my purchase via Digital Transitions, but thanks to the amazing support they have provided, they would be my top choice for some future purchases I am thinking about.

Can't wait to take this bad boy out for a spin!  ;D
Title: Re: Took the big step, finally!
Post by: ndevlin on December 27, 2013, 10:30:01 am

Happy Shooting!

- N.
Title: Re: Took the big step, finally!
Post by: synn on December 27, 2013, 10:32:11 am
Thank you, Nic!
Title: Re: Took the big step, finally!
Post by: Ken R on December 27, 2013, 11:22:22 am
I have finally made the step to MFDB.

After evaluating a myriad of options (And trust me, this is one of the most complicated topics I have ever researched on), I have decided to go for a Credo 40/645 DF+/80mm LS kit. For my style of shooting, this makes the most sense of all the options I had at hand.

At this point, I would like to offer my sincere thanks to the various members of the forum who have helped me through the decision making process. Your inputs were extremely helpful for me to identify my priorities.

A special round of thanks go to Doug Peterson; who was instrumental in helping me find the right choice. Him and his team were as helpful as it can get and I couldn't ask for more. Regrettably, I am not making my purchase via Digital Transitions, but thanks to the amazing support they have provided, they would be my top choice for some future purchases I am thinking about.

Can't wait to take this bad boy out for a spin!  ;D

Sweet! Enjoy
Title: Re: Took the big step, finally!
Post by: ErikKaffehr on December 27, 2013, 12:00:12 pm
+1!

Best regards
Erik
Sweet! Enjoy
Title: Re: Took the big step, finally!
Post by: Geocolor on December 27, 2013, 01:55:24 pm
Nice choice, I'm sure with this combo you will create wonderful images!

George
Title: Re: Took the big step, finally!
Post by: Paul2660 on December 27, 2013, 02:33:53 pm
Congratulations on the kit. 

Paul Caldwell
Title: Re: Took the big step, finally!
Post by: synn on December 27, 2013, 08:30:40 pm
Thanks, all!
Title: Re: Took the big step, finally!
Post by: Don Libby on December 27, 2013, 08:48:12 pm
Congratulations! Let the fun begin....
Title: Re: Took the big step, finally!
Post by: BernardLanguillier on December 27, 2013, 10:20:42 pm
Enjoy the new camera!

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Took the big step, finally!
Post by: fredjeang2 on December 28, 2013, 11:09:52 am
Actually, I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that Don Libby had a very portable Cambo?
Don't remember if it was the WRS-1250 but something in the style,
and this is the demostration that MF doesn't have to be huge and heavy.
Title: Re: Took the big step, finally!
Post by: Ken R on December 28, 2013, 11:21:27 am
(http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/images/smilies/this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif)
Title: Re: Took the big step, finally!
Post by: Don Libby on December 28, 2013, 01:08:18 pm
Actually, I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that Don Libby had a very portable Cambo?
Don't remember if it was the WRS-1250 but something in the style,
and this is the demostration that MF doesn't have to be huge and heavy.



I have one of the original Cambo WRS shortly after they were released, the only upgrade I've dove is add wooden grips.  I'm also shooting with a DF for those times the WRS just doesn't fit and waiting for Phase to release a new improved body (but not holding my breath).  I've tested every Cambo body and still love my WRS.

Don
Title: Re: Took the big step, finally!
Post by: bcooter on December 28, 2013, 01:46:27 pm
I have finally made the step to MFDB.
=

Synn,

I'm so glad for you.  You've been wanting to fora while and with your style of illustrative photography, it will make the look more refined and you'll have a blast.

Phase has come leaps and bounds with that body and nobody knows Dalsa chips like Leaf.

Also stay in touch with Yair (YaYa) on this forum as he will be a great resource for you.

BC
Title: Re: Took the big step, finally!
Post by: TMARK on December 28, 2013, 09:24:16 pm
Post some pics!

T
Title: Re: Took the big step, finally!
Post by: synn on December 28, 2013, 10:32:55 pm
Thank you all!

BC, I will make sure to be in touch with Yair. :)

Camera's here, but I don't have a portrait shoot at the moment, so decided to do some architecture for fun. Here's a 4 shot pano with the setup. Hope you guys will like it!

(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7348/11608746264_e4c363cef1_k.jpg)

Other sizes can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandeepmurali/11608746264/

I shot it side by side with my D800 and can already see some major differences. Processing some images now to get a more definitive opinion.