Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Rob C on November 17, 2013, 01:58:31 pm

Title: Russ
Post by: Rob C on November 17, 2013, 01:58:31 pm
Where's Russ? Is he still on a drive down to Florida and busy snapping unsuspecting diners?

Rob C
Title: Re: Russ
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 17, 2013, 08:00:57 pm
Maybe he's lying low in order to get all the attention you got by staying away for a while, Rob.   ;D
Title: Re: Russ
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 17, 2013, 08:42:02 pm
Apparently, he was

Quote
Last Active:   Today at 05:47:18 PM
Title: Re: Russ
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 17, 2013, 11:27:49 pm
Maybe I can wake him up by saying something he will find terribly offensive.

How about "A good landscape should never show evidence of the Hand of Man!"   :-\

Or this: "Vivian Maier was a better photographer than HC-B!"

Any response, Russ?   :D
Title: Re: Russ
Post by: RSL on November 18, 2013, 11:24:44 am
Hi Rob, Eric, Slobodan and all, We got here safely, but the weather on the trip wasn't helpful, and at one motel I couldn't get on line. Now I'm sitting here downloading and installing Photoshop CC, updates to CS6, Visual Studio 2012, etc., etc. Did a grandson's wedding just before we left and had to carry the raw pictures down here to work on them. Things will settle down after a couple more days and I'll be able to get back on LuLa regularly.

Eric, You KNOW that good landscape always includes the hand of man.

Vivian was a very good photographer, but I have a little trouble calling her a street photographer. And HCB, well, we all can learn a lot from that man, but he's one of a long list from whom we can learn a lot.
Title: Re: Russ
Post by: wolfnowl on November 19, 2013, 01:56:53 am
Nice to see you, Russ.  Thought Eric was going to throw out "Russ Lewis is a closet cropper!" but them would be fighting words...

Mike.
Title: Re: Russ
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 19, 2013, 09:20:24 am
Nice to see you, Russ.  Thought Eric was going to throw out "Russ Lewis is a closet cropper!" but them would be fighting words...

Mike.
Rats! I forgot to include that one!

But good to have you back safe and sound, Russ.

Eric
Title: Re: Russ
Post by: RSL on November 19, 2013, 05:59:32 pm
The only time I was a closet cropper was when I was working in a darkroom. Now I do it openly, but damn seldom.
Title: Re: Russ
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 19, 2013, 07:20:27 pm
Well, I, for one, cannot remember EVER cropping any closets.   ;D