Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Derryck on October 09, 2013, 03:56:20 am

Title: West Coast
Post by: Derryck on October 09, 2013, 03:56:20 am
Just got back from a road trip up the West Coast from San Francisco to Portland.

Title: Re: West Coast
Post by: Chris Calohan on October 09, 2013, 08:00:44 am
I especially like the third one down of the pampas grass. Nice movement.
Title: Re: West Coast
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 09, 2013, 02:46:37 pm
I particularly like the second. The other three look really dark.

Jeremy
Title: Re: West Coast
Post by: wolfnowl on October 09, 2013, 03:13:50 pm
I'm with Jeremy.  The first one for example has a great sense of movement but you really need to lift the shadows.

Mike.
Title: Re: West Coast
Post by: Harald L on October 09, 2013, 05:01:22 pm
Like the first and second one.

Harald
Title: Re: West Coast
Post by: Derryck on October 09, 2013, 08:27:03 pm
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I think I was a little heavy handed when pulling down the curve ;)
Title: Re: West Coast
Post by: Bill Marquis on October 09, 2013, 08:51:56 pm
#1 Would be a stunner if it wasn't so dark.  :'(
Title: Re: West Coast
Post by: Derryck on October 09, 2013, 11:39:14 pm
Adjusted ;)

Title: Re: West Coast
Post by: Derryck on October 09, 2013, 11:43:38 pm
Plus a few others from the trip.
Title: Re: West Coast
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 10, 2013, 03:52:17 am
Adjusted ;)

Not entirely successfully, IMHO. Now none of them seems to have any deep blacks, they all look simply over-exposed. FWIW, I didn't think #2 needed anything done to it at all. I think ##1 and 3 are worth some more work.

Jeremy
Title: Re: West Coast
Post by: Bruce Cox on October 10, 2013, 10:05:57 am
I agree with Jeremy
Title: Re: West Coast
Post by: RSL on October 10, 2013, 10:27:42 am
+1