Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on October 06, 2013, 07:10:16 pm
-
I tried to convert this one to Ansel "style" but the sky's just not cooperating. I love the colors anyway.
-
Been 20 years, but I still have fond memories of that place.
Mike.
-
I can't stay away, Mike. I manage to get out there at least two or three times a week. The colors in those rocks are astonishing.
-
Hi Russ
I have been away from this board for a long time, and return to find out that Mr Russ "the world doesn't need more pictures of rocks and trees" Lewis is now posting pictures of... Rocks and Trees! What happened??
Ed
-
Hi Russ
I have been away from this board for a long time, and return to find out that Mr Russ "the world doesn't need more pictures of rocks and trees" Lewis is now posting pictures of... Rocks and Trees! What happened??
Ed
LOL. Nice image Russ. I like the reflections onto the rock surfaces.
-
Hi Russ
I have been away from this board for a long time, and return to find out that Mr Russ "the world doesn't need more pictures of rocks and trees" Lewis is now posting pictures of... Rocks and Trees! What happened??
Ed
It's really a test: Russ wants to force us to look deeply at his rock pictures to find evidence of the "Hand of Man," which elevates them into the Fine Art category. :D
P.S. Spoiler alert: The Hand of Man is the one that pressed the shutter button. ;)
-
Hi Russ
I have been away from this board for a long time, and return to find out that Mr Russ "the world doesn't need more pictures of rocks and trees" Lewis is now posting pictures of... Rocks and Trees! What happened??
Ed
Hi Ed, Welcome back. If you check my web you'll see I've been doing rocks and trees since the fifties. Oops, after checking the accuracy of that statement I have to back off and tell you that to see rocks and trees you pretty much have to go to my personal web at www.russ-lewis.com. But even there you won't find a whole lot of rocks and trees. What you will find is a lot of wabi sabi pictures that include rocks and trees as supporting cast. You'll also find all sorts of other stuff I've played with for decades.
What I disagree with is the idea that rocks and trees are a satisfactory primary photographic target. Weston and Adams already did rocks and trees, and it seems to me there's not much gain in re-doing what's already been done to perfection. Rocks and trees never change. People always do.
-
What I disagree with is the idea that rocks and trees are a satisfactory primary photographic target. Weston and Adams already did rocks and trees, and it seems to me there's not much gain in re-doing what's already been done to perfection. Rocks and trees never change. People always do.
Glad to see you haven't changed Russ!
By the way I was just ribbing you, but I think you already knew that.
-
Yep.