Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Peter Stacey on September 11, 2013, 12:08:39 am

Title: Into the maze
Post by: Peter Stacey on September 11, 2013, 12:08:39 am
I love Michael's current 'just doors' image on the homepage:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/1photo-pages/just_doors.shtml

and it reminded me of an image I took a while ago. Similar in a different (more crude) kind of way:

(http://peterstacey.com/img/Maze.jpg)
Title: Re: Into the maze
Post by: Rob C on September 11, 2013, 05:12:06 am
I love Michael's current 'just doors' image on the homepage:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/1photo-pages/just_doors.shtml

and it reminded me of an image I took a while ago. Similar in a different (more crude) kind of way:

(http://peterstacey.com/img/Maze.jpg)


Irresistible subject. For my money, a crop found by accidently scrolling the screen, cutting your shot off at the bottom of the blue brick where the second-from-right wall meets the right blue one, makes a stronger, less scattered picture. IMO.

For me, the strength lies in the walls, not the pavings.

Rob C
Title: Re: Into the maze
Post by: Harald L on September 11, 2013, 06:08:48 am
Agree to Rob. A wonderful picture which really punches. And yes, a hearty crop would emphasize the subject. For me it could be a candidate for the Hasselfake of the month.

Harald
Title: Re: Into the maze
Post by: Peter Stacey on September 11, 2013, 07:08:21 am
Thanks Rob. I like that crop.

Might be worth a reshoot in landscape rather than portrait orientation.

I hadn't noticed that framing of it before.
Title: Re: Into the maze
Post by: Rob C on September 11, 2013, 09:27:58 am
Agree to Rob. A wonderful picture which really punches. And yes, a hearty crop would emphasize the subject. For me it could be a candidate for the Hasselfake of the month.Harald


Very true!  Very strong square out of that.

Rob C