Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on August 24, 2013, 02:10:19 pm

Title: Through the window
Post by: cjogo on August 24, 2013, 02:10:19 pm
Stairwell --Krakow --Poland
Title: Re: Through the window
Post by: cjogo on August 24, 2013, 02:11:51 pm
Minus 2 development --allowed me to capture the outdoor light and mix the interior ...60mm Hassy
Title: Re: Through the window
Post by: RSL on August 24, 2013, 02:16:30 pm
It's a winner, Joe, but when you talk about minus 2 development I can't help but think how much easier that kind of thing is with digital and how much more flexibility you have and how many more options.
Title: Re: Through the window
Post by: cjogo on August 24, 2013, 07:07:38 pm
It's a winner, Joe, but when you talk about minus 2 development I can't help but think how much easier that kind of thing is with digital and how much more flexibility you have and how many more options.

Would had been wonderful with digital , in those days ~!!  Too bad I'll probably never get back over to the Europe sidewalks  :'(    >  


 Just all the bags that the film required.  4 backs and 12 shot/ 120 film>  filled a suitcase.  They didn't really have wheels on a suitcase yet  ::)  >> NOW   I could easily had taken 2-3 shots of the image _ and blended them in CS.  

The only place you really get respect for the such non flexibilities :: is in the fine art galleries.  You get points amongst the other artist, too  ~~  ;)    The  prices are still well-commanded with  "old school" applications.    ;)

Sure the exposure would had been under :P a minute ... ISO of  25-400 was pretty much max in those days....
Title: Re: Through the window
Post by: Peter Stacey on August 24, 2013, 07:17:16 pm
Agree with RSL. Definite winner for me. Not much more I can add.
Title: Re: Through the window
Post by: cjogo on August 24, 2013, 10:19:15 pm
Thanks kindly -- I had "slipped" into this building  ( like I do most everywhere I travel ;D ) ... after an hour+ > no one caught me and dragged me off to the local authorities ... got at least 8 good images in this spot of Krakow ... 

With a digital :: could had been in and out under 10 minutes  8)  I mean, a lot of the exposures are 3+ minutes each... ;D
Title: Re: Through the window
Post by: cjogo on August 24, 2013, 10:40:42 pm
Wrought Iron was selling well in gallery circles , back then.  SO I was on a mission....  Iron railing in the front to back of image : everywhere I could intertwine the stuff  ;D
Title: Re: Through the window
Post by: Rob C on August 25, 2013, 03:39:27 am
Wrought Iron was selling well in gallery circles , back then.  SO I was on a mission....  Iron railing in the front to back of image : everywhere I could intertwine the stuff  ;D


I must say, your honest attitude to photography is truly refreshing, so much more pleasant and entertaining to read than the deadly 'serious' junk about spiritual motivations that seem to exist anywhere but in the images that habitually accompany those protestations of divine inspiration on so many websites...

French Fred is another whose views on 'art' I find enthralling; shame he's too busy in the world of motion these days to spend time here amongst us dream walkers.

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Through the window
Post by: cjogo on August 25, 2013, 04:59:51 am
It's been my profession for nearly 30+ years.  You shoot for pleasure when you have a day job. ;D  
I learned many years ago,  when I first approached photography as a hobby >> that to constantly pay for the film = you best find the market to sell your wares.  

Sure its much different now with digital > for cost factors.  But when you shot a sheet of film .. that was to cost you more than a lunch ..with time & materials > you didn't click that shutter for fun.  Every angle/lighting/image was plotted out for potential sales.  You researched what was to be hot in the next 6 months.  Especially in the color market and large prints...