Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on August 04, 2013, 06:05:06 pm

Title: Photo Engraver
Post by: RSL on August 04, 2013, 06:05:06 pm
Arlen's metal sculptor reminded me of this one. It's not film. I shot it through a window with a 3 mpx Casio 13 years ago. I had worked with Mr. Johnson back in the seventies on some photo engravings for some stuff I did on a hand press. I made him a copy of the shot.
Title: Re: Photo Engraver
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 05, 2013, 12:15:38 am
I really like this one, Russ. The light works just fine, and there is just enough detail in the darks to relate to the kind of work he did.
Title: Re: Photo Engraver
Post by: Rob C on August 05, 2013, 04:11:05 am
Great skin; great exposure determination and model expression!

There's something about older skin that gets increasingly photographically attractive as the years slide along; my mirror confirms this ever day. Unfortunately, I have no photographs by which to prove this in my own particular case, because I lack the glamorous employment opportunities within which to reveal.

Yeah, both shots are really evocative and far more interesting than any landscape I ever saw, especially of my own.

;-(

Rob C
Title: Re: Photo Engraver
Post by: seamus finn on August 05, 2013, 07:28:41 am
A fine shot.
Title: Re: Photo Engraver
Post by: Arlen on August 05, 2013, 02:35:31 pm
I see the similarity, and I like it, Russ. A slice of life, caught well.

Thirteen years ago was also when I began transitioning to digital--starting with a small Fuji Finepix, to see what all the fuss was about before making a substantial investment.