Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on July 16, 2013, 02:33:01 am

Title: A walk through Paris
Post by: cjogo on July 16, 2013, 02:33:01 am
35mm ...... T Max 100
Title: Re: A walk through Paris
Post by: Harald L on July 16, 2013, 03:48:12 am
Simply plain atmosphere. Oh, yes, it's perfect from a technical perspective, too. But this isn't so important to me.

Harald
Title: Re: A walk through Paris
Post by: francois on July 16, 2013, 07:18:05 am
I share some thought with Harald, I find it a bit empty but very severe or strict.
Title: Re: A walk through Paris
Post by: Bruce Cox on July 16, 2013, 10:00:05 am
This is one of my favorites of your postings.  It is very full and to me implies many other things and doings.  
Also, if its subjects were not so grandly elongated it would be a proper square composition.
Title: Re: A walk through Paris
Post by: AFairley on July 16, 2013, 10:24:57 am
Yes great atmosphere, as with most of your photos.
Title: Re: A walk through Paris
Post by: cjogo on July 16, 2013, 12:45:01 pm
It has a feeling of an image from the early 1900's -- Needs a carriage racing thru > a few pedestrians with big hats and long coats,      Yes, maybe sterile > but the lines all fit.  The dual arch and the afternoon light, streaming through,  to cast a shadow repeating those lines ( on a different plane )  ...the verticals seem to hold there strength here .  Just had a 24mm /tripod / on my Nikon ... sure I saw this second image that I have uploaded BUT no zoom.  
Title: Re: A walk through Paris
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 16, 2013, 01:55:18 pm
I agree with Bruce. This is one of my favorites of yours. Many interesting details, complex composition, but beautifully balanced.

Title: Re: A walk through Paris
Post by: cjogo on July 16, 2013, 04:53:54 pm
I hope the Plustek scanner gets in stock soon ..  ready to load more images ...100's to go /// books of negatives on the shelf \\ Never under a scanner .....
Title: Re: A walk through Paris
Post by: WalterEG on July 16, 2013, 06:05:22 pm
Sterile only means it is uncontaminated.  Such a shame it is just on 35mm.  It would sing on 4x5 and even 6x6.

It has hints of an old favourite of mine, Frederick H Evans.

W
Title: Re: A walk through Paris
Post by: nemo295 on July 16, 2013, 06:24:46 pm
For me the second one works a little better. I like them both, but on the first one I'd be tempted to clone out the shadows on the ground to the left of the lamp post because they look incongruous to me. Also there's a bit of a halo around the lamp post which I find distracting, but that could just be a compression artifact.
Title: Re: A walk through Paris
Post by: cjogo on July 16, 2013, 06:37:25 pm
For me the second one works a little better. I like them both, but on the first one I'd be tempted to clone out the shadows on the ground to the left of the lamp post because they look incongruous to me. Also there's a bit of a halo around the lamp post which I find distracting, but that could just be a compression artifact.

Very busy thorough fare ... was hard to capture the image sans people ... was on a tripod with a cable release ,,,just waiting. Never thought about something called digital or CS in those days ... ;D
Title: Re: A walk through Paris
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 16, 2013, 07:50:55 pm
It has hints of an old favourite of mine, Frederick H Evans.

W
It made me think of Evans, too. Very fine shot.
Title: Re: A walk through Paris
Post by: stamper on July 17, 2013, 05:04:07 am
These images don't need anything human to walk through them. They are just fine as they are. Well spotted and very pleasing to view.
Title: Re: A walk through Paris
Post by: cjogo on July 17, 2013, 02:48:46 pm
Thanks all -- I hope that the scanner gets here -- will load another years worth , at least  ;D