Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: ahbnyc on July 01, 2013, 12:12:14 am

Title: Brighton Beach
Post by: ahbnyc on July 01, 2013, 12:12:14 am
Took this picture of coffee shop on Brighton Beach Brooklyn boardwalk back in March.  I thought it was interesting and curious whether anyone else thinks so.  I have attached both color and black and white versions -- I think that each strikes a different mood, but I prefer the color.
Title: Re: Brighton Beach
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 01, 2013, 03:33:49 am
I think it needs colour; there isn't enough texture to make the b&w version interesting.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Brighton Beach
Post by: francois on July 01, 2013, 07:23:58 am
I find the B&W version a bit flat. The other version really comes to life with those bright colors.
Title: Re: Brighton Beach
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 01, 2013, 10:31:12 am
Likewise, the color version (and I generally prefer B&W).

Title: Re: Brighton Beach
Post by: RSL on July 01, 2013, 05:34:30 pm
+1
Title: Re: Brighton Beach
Post by: ahbnyc on July 01, 2013, 11:40:25 pm
Thanks -- I appreciate the feedback.