Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: mdg on June 25, 2013, 07:44:45 am

Title: Dark spaces
Post by: mdg on June 25, 2013, 07:44:45 am
"Waltzing with the Wind"

Your thoughts please?
Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 25, 2013, 08:52:11 am
Very effective.
Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 25, 2013, 12:55:42 pm
Very effective.
+10!!!
Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: Rob C on June 25, 2013, 12:59:54 pm
Really beautiful.

Rob C
Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: fike on June 25, 2013, 01:12:20 pm
A wonderfully fortuitous composition.
Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: mdg on June 25, 2013, 11:22:12 pm
Thank you so much (bow)
Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: francois on June 26, 2013, 03:55:59 am
Superb! Not much to add.
Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: brandtb on June 26, 2013, 11:53:15 am
Beautiful image Michael.  Some comments. I'm not entirely sure the "square crop" works for this image with a "horizontally arrayed subject, and with the cloud "movement" horizontal as well. That crop also leaves a lot more "black" than I would like to see above and below your subject.  I saw on your website a number of other images with the same crop? Also, I would like to see the lowermost ends of the mountain side, somewhat like in your website image Majestic. Great to see your work!
Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: RSL on June 26, 2013, 12:06:00 pm
It's a rather striking product. How much post-processing was involved in its production?
Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 26, 2013, 12:16:10 pm
.... I'm not entirely sure the "square crop" works for this image ...

"Do not touch my squares!" - Archimedes (ok, slightly paraphrased) ;)
Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: brandtb on June 26, 2013, 12:36:11 pm
S.B. - had noted squares parenthetically...just so I wouldn't run in to trouble with...friends of Archimedes
Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: cjogo on June 26, 2013, 12:57:14 pm
Only wish I could witness a scene, exactly like this in nature ...BUT > great viewing no matter what ~!!
Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 26, 2013, 01:01:56 pm
Only wish I could witness a scene, exactly like this in nature ...

It is all there, brother, in your mind's eye ;)
Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: mdg on June 26, 2013, 03:41:36 pm
Beautiful image Michael.  Some comments. I'm not entirely sure the "square crop" works for this image with a "horizontally arrayed subject, and with the cloud "movement" horizontal as well. That crop also leaves a lot more "black" than I would like to see above and below your subject.  I saw on your website a number of other images with the same crop? Also, I would like to see the lowermost ends of the mountain side, somewhat like in your website image Majestic. Great to see your work!

I'm a d800 user and so everything is square cropped for my squares.

I shot this with Archimedes in mind and so there was nothing of interest to me above and below the subject at that moment.

Thank you for stopping by.

Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: mdg on June 26, 2013, 03:43:31 pm
It's a rather striking product. How much post-processing was involved in its production?

ruthless :)
Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: mdg on June 26, 2013, 03:55:41 pm
It is all there, brother, in your mind's eye ;)

+1
Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: NancyP on June 26, 2013, 06:05:04 pm
Grand photo, with very effective use of cloud movement.
Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: brandtb on June 26, 2013, 11:26:39 pm
What about... "Waltzing with Archimedes" or... "Do Not Disturb My Mangrove"?
Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: wolfnowl on June 27, 2013, 02:21:11 am
Well seen.  And captured!  Congratulations.

Mike.
Title: Re: Dark spaces
Post by: mdg on June 27, 2013, 02:23:55 am
Thank so much for giving time (bow)