Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on June 13, 2013, 04:21:09 pm

Title: Mont Saint-Michel
Post by: cjogo on June 13, 2013, 04:21:09 pm
Nice little Abby off the Coast of Normandy  ;)
Title: Re: Mont Saint-Michel
Post by: WalterEG on June 13, 2013, 04:26:16 pm
I've not seen it like that previously.

W
Title: Re: Mont Saint-Michel
Post by: cjogo on June 13, 2013, 04:29:26 pm
I've not seen it like that previously.

W

Heavy rain -- just set up the tripod -- kept my camera covered ...  metered from the car -- added a yellow filter .. quickly focused the 60mm .. thats the closest I ever got to the Monastery ..
Title: Re: Mont Saint-Michel
Post by: Richowens on June 13, 2013, 04:42:36 pm
.....and you have a unique shot.
Title: Re: Mont Saint-Michel
Post by: cjogo on June 13, 2013, 04:49:48 pm
.....and you have a unique shot.

Wish there were more sheep in the foreground  .. the lonely white one sat quietly ..
Title: Re: Mont Saint-Michel
Post by: nemo295 on June 13, 2013, 04:53:55 pm
I've not seen it like that previously.

W

+1
An impressive feat in itself. It's another one of those icons that have been photographed so much that it often seems like you're seeing the same picture over and over again.

So this is a refreshingly new perspective.
Title: Re: Mont Saint-Michel
Post by: WalterEG on June 13, 2013, 05:22:41 pm
But it is a refreshing viewpoint irrespective of the weather and sheep.

I must admit that I also like a lot of what Michael Kenna did there.

Cheers,

W
Title: Re: Mont Saint-Michel
Post by: cjogo on June 13, 2013, 05:28:50 pm
But it is a refreshing viewpoint irrespective of the weather and sheep.

I must admit that I also like a lot of what Michael Kenna did there.

Cheers,

W

Wish the rain was gone that morning  >:(..   A young boy had drowned that same day ..      Michael did some great work there > he just had more time to wait/return   ;)
Title: Re: Mont Saint-Michel
Post by: Rob C on June 14, 2013, 04:45:21 am
Look at it this way, cjogo: the weather was on your side - you simply couldn't be accused of seeing 'tripod holes' because they'd be full of water.

And I have to agree: I have never seen the sight like that. Another great image from you. Thanks.

As for the other snapper of slow motions, maybe too much time isn't always the best thing: I've lived in the same place for 32 years and can no longer 'see it' though I pass through it by car and on foot every day. In fact, the only way to make anythng of it for myself now, is to get really, really close to tiny parts of it.

Rob C

Title: Re: Mont Saint-Michel
Post by: cjogo on June 16, 2013, 01:47:45 pm
Look at it this way, cjogo: the weather was on your side - you simply couldn't be accused of seeing 'tripod holes' because they'd be full of water.

And I have to agree: I have never seen the sight like that. Another great image from you. Thanks.

As for the other snapper of slow motions, maybe too much time isn't always the best thing: I've lived in the same place for 32 years and can no longer 'see it' though I pass through it by car and on foot every day. In fact, the only way to make anythng of it for myself now, is to get really, really close to tiny parts of it.

Rob C


I have lived in the Land of Adams/Weston > for many years .. I don't even take my camera out of the house  ///\\ & pass by it (https://www.google.com/search?q=big+sur&client=firefox-a&hs=HAd&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=2fm9UdDPC8yPyAG5roDICA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=980&bih=519#q=big+sur&client=firefox-a&hs=0UI&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&source=lnt&tbs=isz:l&sa=X&ei=2_m9UaHZJMXnyAHHpIHYDw&ved=0CBkQpwUoAQ&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47883778,d.aWc&fp=f7885c1e1c9481b7&biw=980&bih=519) everyday
Title: Re: Mont Saint-Michel
Post by: cjogo on June 29, 2013, 08:58:11 pm
Another angle - after the rain subsided a little //