Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: William Walker on June 04, 2013, 01:31:48 pm

Title: Orchid
Post by: William Walker on June 04, 2013, 01:31:48 pm
I am fully aware of the position that some members have regarding photographing/posting flowers.

In spite of those views (which I respect), I cannot stop myself from posting this picture! I keep coming back to it and I seem to like it more each time I look at it.

So here goes...
Title: Re: Orchid
Post by: louoates on June 04, 2013, 01:41:25 pm
I love to see really good images whatever the subject. This happens to fall into my really good image category.
Title: Re: Orchid
Post by: AFairley on June 04, 2013, 01:53:44 pm
I love to see really good images whatever the subject. This happens to fall into my really good image category.

Agreed, I really like the treatment.
Title: Re: Orchid
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 04, 2013, 02:31:32 pm
I am fully aware of the position that some members have regarding photographing/posting flowers.

I can't see anyone objecting to such a lovely picture.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Orchid
Post by: wolfnowl on June 04, 2013, 02:57:57 pm
Beautiful.  I'd like to see the stem on the bottom a LITTLE brighter, but that's being really picky.

Mike.
Title: Re: Orchid
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 04, 2013, 03:12:57 pm
No, no! It's cat photos that Michael doesn't want to see! Flowers are fine. And this is a great example.
Title: Re: Orchid
Post by: William Walker on June 05, 2013, 02:31:09 pm
Many thanks for your comments! I appreciate them.

William
Title: Re: Orchid
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on June 05, 2013, 02:36:14 pm
The cool thing about flowers are that you can shoot them indoors too. Mind you there are lots of other things one could shoot indoors.

Lovley photo William.
Title: Re: Orchid
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 06, 2013, 03:39:52 am
The cool thing about flowers are that you can shoot them indoors too. Mind you there are lots of other things one could shoot indoors.

As Michael Ezra, for one, so ably demonstrates!

Jeremy