Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: jwlimages on February 04, 2013, 02:01:34 pm

Title: Videos in LR-generated web galleries?
Post by: jwlimages on February 04, 2013, 02:01:34 pm
Is it possible to include videos (e.g., small 480x720 .mp4s) in a web gallery generated by LR4?

It's great that LR can manage, play back, even begin to (almost) edit video. But when I include video files in a collection to generate a web gallery, LR just makes the video preview frame into a jPeg in the resulting gallery.

Is there any way to change this behavior, or must I learn to edit the html of the web gallery & manually install the video files? If I do that, can Quicktime can handle playback, or must I install some sort of player within the website?

(If the last question is too far afield, nevermind that part  ;-)

Thanks,

John
Title: Re: Videos in LR-generated web galleries?
Post by: jwlimages on February 06, 2013, 02:54:21 pm
No responses, so to partly answer my own question...

The only option I've found so far (short of learning how to code a complete site myself) is to explore The Turning Gate plugins from Matt Campgna. I'm currently checking out his CE2 Stage web gallery.

John