Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: -Tom- on December 11, 2012, 12:04:22 pm

Title: Pastel sunset / Old boat
Post by: -Tom- on December 11, 2012, 12:04:22 pm
Here a couple from today...

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8219/8263821839_0c0962945f_b.jpg)

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8060/8263822037_423f9de09c_b.jpg)
Title: Re: Pastel sunset / Old boat
Post by: Chairman Bill on December 11, 2012, 12:21:43 pm
The first image shows a beautiful location, though it does look a little over saturated for my taste
Title: Re: Pastel sunset / Old boat
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 11, 2012, 02:58:50 pm
The first image shows a beautiful location, though it does look a little over saturated for my taste

Or just too pinky-purple. It can't really have been that colour, can it?

Jeremy
Title: Re: Pastel sunset / Old boat
Post by: Justan on December 11, 2012, 07:22:13 pm
I have to admit #1 makes my eyes bleed but I reallly like it. Don’t change a thing!
Title: Re: Pastel sunset / Old boat
Post by: francois on December 12, 2012, 02:50:35 am
#1 is fantastic... maybe a bit too much?
Title: Re: Pastel sunset / Old boat
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 12, 2012, 09:03:53 am
The colors (in the first one) are Velvia-like. As I mentioned in another thread, there is a certain "truthiness" in it, so no need to change anything. In a word: splendid!

The second shot... hmmm... for me, it doesn't work in color, too muddy. Not sure it would work in b&w either, as I find the composition to stark, and content too banal. Furthermore, the wispy clouds look more like sensor dirt (though I guess only photographers would think of it like that).
Title: Re: Pastel sunset / Old boat
Post by: cmi on December 12, 2012, 11:27:45 am
First ist very good, would not change the color. Background with the ships is a bit cluttered, I would try some cloning work, possibly removing the ship next to the right of the foreground-ship and the diagonal stuff over it just to see if that helps.