Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: usinare on September 08, 2012, 05:18:11 pm
-
Due to the current epson rebates, I can get this printer for 1495 after rebates. How is the noise level of this printer in a small home office. Is it very loud. I used to have a canon ipf5000 and it was very loud when printing.
If its loud like the ipf5000 then I will settle for the epson 3880. Appreciate any advice.
-
It's pretty loud; sitting about 6ft away from it, it sounds like someone is vacuuming in the room next door.
My machine also has a loud scrunching noise (ribbon cable inverting) on each head pass, which to my ears is more irritating than the Dyson whirr of the fan inside the machine.
If you've coexisted with a Cisco networking switch buzzing away, or a server of any kind, then it's comparable.
Hope this helps.
-
It makes noticeably more noise than the 3800/3880 series. But it's not the same printer. How much noise is tolerable for you is a subjective question. You may wish to visit a retailer who has one set-up and listen to it, though in that environment the noise could sound less intense depending on dispersion, absorption etc. The noise level of mine is "tolerable" with the machine sitting about 4 feet from me in a rather small, carpeted office.
-
Small office here too. I don't find the noise levels objectionable, but I have two young sons so quiet is relative.
Dave
-
Mine sits right beside my desk, and apart from a loud fan noise on (vacuum), and a loud "clunk" (no clue) at print start-up it is actually very quiet. I've never heard a 3880 print so I cannot offer a comparison.