Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Alun on May 02, 2012, 09:22:07 am
-
Is anyone else seeing halos around dark/light areas in LR4. They are particularly noticeable on say a sunset picture where you have a dark mountain meeting a bright skyline. I do use the Clarity slider but only as far as +10. Any thoughts?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/111138390641894696955/albums/5727863736440744689/5737925247121703602
I never saw this in LR3 (and I used to use +25ish for the Clarity slider)
Alun
-
Yes, I've been seeing something similar. It's as if LR3's haloes around lighter areas (eg clouds in a blue sky) are gone but in return we've got them around darker areas. I've only noticed it recently and am still trying to be sure what's happening.
-
... where you have a dark mountain meeting a bright skyline...
That scenario is easy... Just use a brush with negative Clarity.