Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dgberg on May 01, 2012, 10:35:33 am

Title: First large gallery wrap from Nex 7
Post by: dgberg on May 01, 2012, 10:35:33 am
Finally finding some time to do my first large test prints from the Nex 7.
Single image from Nex 7 w/ Zeiss 21mm Distagon printed and mounted as 38" X 56" (face) gallery wrap on 2" deep bars.
Total printed surface area 43" X 61"
Resampled through Perfect Resize and printed with Epson 9900  on 44" Sunset Select Matte Canvas.
Next I want to print several single files from the D800E and compare to the Nex prints.
After that I will put together several large panos from each camera.
For a cropped sensor camera the Nex is amazing.
 It makes some of the images in my gallery from D200 and D2Xs days look pretty bleak.
Title: Re: First large gallery wrap from Nex 7
Post by: alpard78 on May 01, 2012, 02:49:24 pm
Nice job!

I have the Sony A77 paired with the 16-50mm non-kit lens and the 70-400mm G Sony lens. I can't be happier with my camera and glass, they are superb. The real-time feedback on the OLED viewfinder has improved my exposure accuracy a lot.

I've been thinking of getting the NEX-7 as a "pocket" camera.

Thanks for sharing,
Alvaro P.
Title: Re: First large gallery wrap from Nex 7
Post by: Paul2660 on May 01, 2012, 03:12:19 pm
Dan:

Nice shot.  If I can ask, what were your settings for perfect resize?  Also have you tried LR for uprez?  I find many times it produces excellent
results.

The Nex7 is definitely a winner.

Paul
Title: Re: First large gallery wrap from Nex 7
Post by: dgberg on May 01, 2012, 04:11:19 pm
Thank you Alvero

Paul,

I upsampled in Perfect Resize with the resolution at 240. That gave me a face size of 37.5 X 56.36 with a file size of 696 mb.
In Lightroom I left the resolution at 240 when printing.
I almost always resize to 180 in PR. In those cases when printing in Lightroom I increase the resolution to 240.
Keep in mind I am doing mostly large prints.
When I start printing smaller canvases in the 20 X 30" range I start increasing the resolution in PR. accordingly.
As I start working with the D800E files I may back off a little.
I just completed a 10 shot pano from Phoenix with the Nex 7 and it is a 613mb file processed at 180.
Title: Re: First large gallery wrap from Nex 7
Post by: Paul2660 on May 02, 2012, 09:07:42 am
Thanks Dan,
I am going to try those settings out. 

Paul