Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: kevs on March 16, 2012, 11:55:38 pm

Title: Endless logging in
Post by: kevs on March 16, 2012, 11:55:38 pm
Curious,

LL, I seem to have to log in every visit.
Title: Re: Endless logging in
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 17, 2012, 02:00:06 am
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=45410.msg381163#msg381163
Title: Re: Endless logging in
Post by: kevs on March 17, 2012, 10:34:50 am
Thanks that did not help at all. I have to log in again to see the thread. This forum is like one out of 100 with this nutty always having to log in. Maybe someone else can solve this?

Title: Re: Endless logging in
Post by: kevs on March 17, 2012, 10:37:06 am
Maybe someone has some diagrams. click top log in not the quick start log in? I cannot understand/ follow that honestly.
Title: Re: Endless logging in
Post by: Christopher Sanderson on March 17, 2012, 10:51:37 am
1. Use the Log in link shown in the 1st graphic

2. Check the check box in 2nd graphic
Title: Re: Endless logging in
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 17, 2012, 10:55:15 am
Maybe someone has some diagrams. click top log in not the quick start log in? I cannot understand/ follow that honestly.

One diagram coming right up, sir!
Title: Re: Endless logging in
Post by: Justan on March 17, 2012, 11:51:39 am
Also make sure that your computer will store cookies from this site.
Title: Re: Endless logging in
Post by: kevs on March 17, 2012, 10:45:01 pm
Chris, Slobodan, I don't see any graphic or pictures, did you upload one?

Cookies should be working fine-- 3 luminous are coming up cookie wise.

-----
Ah, funny, I went out of the thread then came back in and then the graphics came up!

Yes, I always have that box checked! Yet still am asked to log in a lot.
------
Ok, two more test, things seems better, maybe the moderator saw this thread, and fixed something, but I feel this will come back. keep you posted. thanks for helping!
Title: Re: Endless logging in
Post by: kevs on March 18, 2012, 01:31:50 pm
Just yes I'm on 10.6.8, just updated profile.
But to do that I had to log in and that box was unchecked, even though I've checked it 100 times.

So that the issue. LL keeps unchecking that box.
Title: Re: Endless logging in
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 18, 2012, 02:13:32 pm
... So that the issue. LL keeps unchecking that box.

Hmmm... is this the moment where you ask yourself what did you do to piss off moderators so much that they pick on you, among the 42K members? ;)
Title: Re: Endless logging in
Post by: kevs on March 18, 2012, 06:18:48 pm
Is there a moderator here?
I think the site is moderater less
That box is ALWAYS unchecked.

IS ANYone home on LL? thanks

(hey great A+ site except for this one bug)

For others does the box stay checked week in and week out?
Title: Re: Endless logging in
Post by: WallyM on March 18, 2012, 07:11:19 pm
For others does the box stay checked week in and week out?

I have to check the box each time I log in, but I stay logged in until I restart my browser.  I have my browser set to delete cookies on shutdown, so that automatically logs me out.  But, as long as I remember to check the box when I enter my username and password, I stay logged in until I close the browser.

Wally
Title: Re: Endless logging in
Post by: kevs on March 18, 2012, 07:30:31 pm
thanks Wally, I have to check box always. just to answer this post for example.
Title: Re: Endless logging in
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 18, 2012, 08:27:01 pm
Hate to be a pest, but have you noticed that cookies have already been mentioned twice in this thread? You did not tell us what are your cookies settings.