Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Glenn Bartley on February 17, 2012, 11:07:26 am

Title: My Favourite - The Black-banded Owl (Ecuador)
Post by: Glenn Bartley on February 17, 2012, 11:07:26 am
During my recent month in Ecuador leading trips I twice had the opportunity to spend some time with this beautiful species - the Black-banded Owl. During the evenings they would come around the lodge we were at and search for moths and other insects near the lights. What a treat to hear their unique call and watch them hunting. Memories I will not soon forget.

He's a beauty isn't he???

(http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1747/blackbandedowlsanisidro.jpg)

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
Shutter speed: 1/60 sec
Aperture: 8
Exposure mode: Manual
Flash: On
ISO: 800
Focal length: 500mm f/4
Title: Re: My Favourite - The Black-banded Owl (Ecuador)
Post by: jalcocer on February 17, 2012, 12:01:31 pm
great shot, this owl looks amazing
Title: Re: My Favourite - The Black-banded Owl (Ecuador)
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 17, 2012, 12:39:52 pm
He sure is a beauty.
Title: Re: My Favourite - The Black-banded Owl (Ecuador)
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 17, 2012, 02:41:08 pm
Every time I open Glenn's posts I either gasp with astonishment or chortle with pleasure.
Scott, chortling
Title: Re: My Favourite - The Black-banded Owl (Ecuador)
Post by: stpf8 on February 19, 2012, 09:44:29 pm
That's a beautiful bird and a great avian portrait.  The flash made a great and positive difference.  If you were ever inclined to tone down the brightness of the branch, I think that would be the finishing touch on the overall aesthetics.