Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Didymus on February 07, 2012, 10:48:37 pm

Title: What! that purple tone?
Post by: Didymus on February 07, 2012, 10:48:37 pm
Since I bought my Epson 4880, 95% of all my prints have been black and white, and my prints have been great.  But today I got that purple/brown tone.  I use the advanced black and white setting with the EPSON Gray - Gamma 2.2 profile and I never had any problems until now.  As far as I know, I've been doing everything I normally do.  What's going on?  I need some help.

Tommy
Title: Re: What! that purple tone?
Post by: neile on February 07, 2012, 11:16:31 pm
Have you checked to make sure you aren't accidentally double-profiling? Printing profile turned off in Photoshop (or whatever app you're using) and on in the Epson driver dialog?

Neil
Title: Re: What! that purple tone?
Post by: Farmer on February 08, 2012, 05:08:31 pm
Have you done a nozzle check?
Title: Re: What! that purple tone?
Post by: Didymus on February 08, 2012, 07:06:03 pm
Sure enough, I cleaned the heads after having a bad test and that was it.  Although I'm still learning, I feel dumb when it's something so simple but I feel so happy that it's something so simple.  Thank you sir.
Title: Re: What! that purple tone?
Post by: Rand47 on February 11, 2012, 09:37:08 am
Unlike other printers I own, the 4880 doesn't look obvious (other than color shift) when it clogs.  Until I learned to recognize this I wasted a lot of paper & ink until the "Doh!" light came on in my pea-sized brain.  Now I run a nozzle check prior to printing.