Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: jljonathan on January 31, 2012, 12:33:56 pm

Title: Tethered shooting and Canon live view
Post by: jljonathan on January 31, 2012, 12:33:56 pm
When using tethered shooting with LR3, is it possible to see the live view image (Canon 1dsIII)? I looked for a setting, but couldn't find any.
Jonathan
Title: Re: Tethered shooting and Canon live view
Post by: Tony Jay on January 31, 2012, 11:42:56 pm
As far as I am aware (using a 5D II tethered) the computer screen becomes the "live view".
I have not noted a way of getting an image on the camera LCD once tethered.

Interestingly the camera battery usage is phenomenal with tethered live view.

Would also be keen to know from others using Canon equipment whether my observations are accurate or not.

My $0.02 worth

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Tethered shooting and Canon live view
Post by: jljonathan on February 01, 2012, 01:25:54 am
When I tether the 1dsIII and take a shot it takes several seconds before the file appears in LR. But, there is no "live view" as it appears on the LCD of the camera in real time before taking the shot. Are you saying that with the 5dII, you see "live view" on the computer screen in real time before taking the shot?