Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: eronald on December 14, 2011, 07:18:44 am

Title: make $2 an hour at home! Spam forums for fun and profit!
Post by: eronald on December 14, 2011, 07:18:44 am
Spam comes in here,
Goes up on Google,
Thank you says the SEO,
And pays Mrs xxx in Mumbai,
Who nurses her latest while typing.

Delete those posts,
And you are depriving a CHILD of MILK,
How can you dare,
You sad little men,
To enjoy your RICH hobby in peace?

Oh well, I guess I just lost another ten minutes typing that, but I do hate spam.

Edmund
Title: Re: make $2 an hour at home! Spam forums for fun and profit!
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 14, 2011, 08:46:20 am
Well put, Edmund.

I do think LuLa does a quicker job of cleaning out the garbage than some other sites. I am pretty quick to hit the "Report to Moderator" button when I see one of these, and often the poster has been zapped by the time I hit the button.

Eric
Title: Re: make $2 an hour at home! Spam forums for fun and profit!
Post by: Farmer on December 14, 2011, 04:47:13 pm
Spam Removal.  Brought to you by LuLa (http://www.luminous-landscape.com).
Title: Re: make $2 an hour at home! Spam forums for fun and profit!
Post by: Rob C on December 15, 2011, 03:47:44 am
Watched two tv shows back-to-back last night - one on Apple and the next on the Facebook chap.

We seem, in general, to be willing lambs to the slaughter.

Rob C
Title: Re: make $2 an hour at home! Spam forums for fun and profit!
Post by: JBerardi on December 25, 2011, 12:52:12 pm
Watched two tv shows back-to-back last night - one on Apple and the next on the Facebook chap.

We seem, in general, to be willing lambs to the slaughter.

Rob C

What's the connection between the two? Apple sells hardware. Facebook sells you.
Title: Re: make $2 an hour at home! Spam forums for fun and profit!
Post by: Rob C on December 26, 2011, 07:06:31 am
The connection, to me, is that both of those companies were set up by people who understood a very basic thing about people: insecurity and the need to appear to have the very latest of whatever they think that they need to have; identity via object.

In the case of the former, the fruit, it's goodies; in the case of the latter, it's a false sense of self-worth - akin to vanity publishing.

Rob C