Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: dmp on December 10, 2011, 12:39:04 am

Title: Follow up to Unsharp Text on NEC PA241W
Post by: dmp on December 10, 2011, 12:39:04 am
Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue that sponch wrote about on Nov 24. I'm running a Mac Pro with the following:

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT:

  Chipset Model:   NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
  Type:   GPU
  Bus:   PCIe
  Slot:   Slot-1
  PCIe Lane Width:   x16
  VRAM (Total):   256 MB
  Vendor:   NVIDIA (0x10de)
  Device ID:   0x0393
  Revision ID:   0x00a1
  ROM Revision:   3011
  Displays:
PA241W:
  Resolution:   1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
  Pixel Depth:   32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Display Serial Number:   191xxxxxxx 
  Main Display:   Yes
  Mirror:   Off
  Online:   Yes
  Rotation:   Supported
Cinema:
  Resolution:   1680 x 1050
  Pixel Depth:   32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Display Serial Number:   2A7xxxxxxxx
  Mirror:   Off
  Online:   Yes
  Rotation:   Supported

I followed WillH's 5 recommendations to no avail. In fact, now my screen is not centered after changing the horizontal and vertical to 50%. The "i" panel shows the D-Sub, 1920x1200, usb input (not "digital")

My interpretation of the blur is that it show the same effect as bad chromatic aberation, i.e. a slight red outline. But besides that, the text is plain blurred. Is there anything else I can try in order to correct this issue and make this monitor perform as intended?

Thanks,
Dan
Title: Re: Follow up to Unsharp Text on NEC PA241W
Post by: dmp on December 10, 2011, 05:28:10 pm
 UPDATE:

I got it all figured out and things are perfect now.
Title: Re: Follow up to Unsharp Text on NEC PA241W
Post by: pcunite on January 14, 2012, 01:39:28 pm
Do tell the fix ...
Title: Re: Follow up to Unsharp Text on NEC PA241W
Post by: mediumcool on January 15, 2012, 09:24:56 am
Do tell the fix ...

Indeed.