Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: novascotiaskier on November 01, 2011, 07:09:04 pm

Title: Tone inversion (printer problems) Dark to Light inversion.
Post by: novascotiaskier on November 01, 2011, 07:09:04 pm
I've searched through the forum and didn't see anything like this. Sorry if there is, and this is a double post.

I have a print with a couple of very dark, almost black, areas. When I print (Epson 3800 on to Ilford Gold Fibre Silk) These two areas invert their tones (i.e., they become very light, almost white). Ink levels are all okay and the rest of the print is fine.

??

thanks,
-Scott.
Title: Re: Tone inversion (printer problems) Dark to Light inversion.
Post by: novascotiaskier on November 01, 2011, 07:47:05 pm
Someone pointed me in the direction of a nozzle clog and it looks from the nozzle check routine that there is a nozzle jam for sure.