Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Kirk Gittings on September 29, 2011, 01:30:05 pm

Title: Excellent interviews with me....
Post by: Kirk Gittings on September 29, 2011, 01:30:05 pm
There are actually two excellent interviews with portfolios out there right now with me. One is with El Palacio Magazine about my history and my b&w art images in the upcoming "Contemplative Landscape" show in Santa fe. Unfortunately you would have to buy the magazine (http://www.elpalacio.org/) to see it.

The other is online (http://blog.daminion.net/interview/with-architectural-photographer-kirk-gittings/) and focuses on my commercial architectural photography.
Title: Re: Excellent interviews with me....
Post by: ckimmerle on September 29, 2011, 08:09:19 pm
The daminion story was very nice. I'm usually not a big fan of question/answer type articles, but they did it right. Congrats.

Chuck
Title: Re: Excellent interviews with me....
Post by: Kirk Gittings on September 29, 2011, 08:30:54 pm
Thanks. Yes I was pleasantly surprised too.
Title: Re: Excellent interviews with me....
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 29, 2011, 11:50:28 pm
Yes, that's a fine interview, and with nice illustrations, too.

I have seldom gotten excited about architectural photography; most of it that I have seen seems kind of cut-and-dried, technically excellent, but without much soul. Yours, on the other hand, still seems to show the excitement of the visual moment that every good photograph should have.

I do wish i could get to your Santa Fe show.

Congratulations!

Eric
Title: Re: Excellent interviews with me....
Post by: Kirk Gittings on September 30, 2011, 12:03:18 am
Thanks so much for those kind words Eric.

Just for the record the show (http://media.museumofnewmexico.org/events.php?action=detail&eventID=774) in Santa Fe is a group show of 24 photographers and will be up for 14 months. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. Skip dpwn towards the bottom past the list and you will find some verbiage by and about me. The magazine interview I mentioned above is a separate expanded piece-they chose to write about 3 of us from the exhibit..
Title: Re: Excellent interviews with me....
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 30, 2011, 09:50:44 am
I found the listing for the show. 14 months means there is a slim possibility that I might get there to see it. I loved my one visit to NM a couple of years ago, and Santa Fe is about the most appealing city I've ever visited (although Chaco Canyon comes close   ;) ). I'll have to start working on my better half to begin planning another expedition.

Eric