Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Josh-H on August 28, 2011, 05:40:18 am
-
Its worth watching for the climbing videography alone: Alone on the Wall (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ote7kctZzHo)
A warning though: This is a serious test of ones nerves even as a viewer....
I believe also that he actually repeated *shakes head in just total disbelief* the last solo climb recently for Jimmy Chins National Geographic special.
-
As someone who's climbing days are well behind him now, I watched this with interest. Then realised how much my palms were sweating. Off to find my old chalk bag.
Seriously impressive stuff.
-
Just the thing to be watching while I wait for Hurricane Irene to go by. I hope we don't lose power before I get to the end of the video.
-
wow, wow, wow
-
Never have understood why anybody would climb a mountain except in an emergency any more than I've ever understood why anybody would jump out of a perfectly good airplane. But my youngest son has climbed all 53 of Colorado's fourteeners -- mountains that top out at over 14,000 feet, and several of my grandchildren including some of the girls occasionally skydive, so I guess it's not important to understand. Most important thing is to grit your teeth.
I'm not sure this clip is hairier than El Caminito del Rey, but they both scare hell out of me. Of course, that's where you want hell to be -- out of you, so maybe that's why people climb mountains