Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: pegelli on August 18, 2011, 04:07:48 pm

Title: Street shots (2)
Post by: pegelli on August 18, 2011, 04:07:48 pm
Now that (for me at least) the gun discussion has drawn to a close let's get back with street shots.

My wife, daugters and son were shopping, and I waited sitting on a street bench and started playing with my new (to me) Nex and an old Leica M lens.
This is what I caught of scenes that just unfolded in front of me

First a small series:
Talking:
(http://pegelli.smugmug.com/Other/201108/i-hJhFKsC/0/L/PEGNex0024320110815-L.jpg) (http://pegelli.smugmug.com/Other/201108/18436425_6RBNn6#1437069558_hJhFKsC-A-LB)

Slow approach:
(http://pegelli.smugmug.com/Other/201108/i-mK4NR9X/0/L/PEGNex0024420110815-L.jpg) (http://pegelli.smugmug.com/Other/201108/18436425_6RBNn6#1437069556_mK4NR9X-A-LB)

Happy end:
(http://pegelli.smugmug.com/Other/201108/i-kLS6wsj/0/L/PEGNex0024520110815-L.jpg) (http://pegelli.smugmug.com/Other/201108/18436425_6RBNn6#1437069593_kLS6wsj-A-LB)


And another one (and yes I know her feet are missing  :'( )
Honey, stop working on your BB, today you would concentrate on shopping with me   ;D
(http://pegelli.smugmug.com/Other/201108/i-tB479QT/0/L/PEGNex0025120110815-L.jpg) (http://pegelli.smugmug.com/Other/201108/18436425_6RBNn6#1437069609_tB479QT-A-LB)

TFL and comments welcome
Title: Re: Street shots (2)
Post by: RSL on August 18, 2011, 05:26:42 pm
Good shooting, Pieter. Fun stuff. Yes, let's get back to a real street thread and not let the landscapers and tourist shooters dominate.
Title: Re: Street shots (2)
Post by: RSL on August 18, 2011, 06:48:05 pm
And to add to the effort, here are a couple from my favorite penny arcade.
Title: Re: Street shots (2)
Post by: pegelli on August 19, 2011, 12:37:41 am
Well Russ, I also enjoy Landscape, macro, architecture etc. Probably explains why I'm not really good at any style but it's a hobby and keeps me out of trouble (most of the time at least  ;) )

I like your arcade shooting, the concentration you see on the faces is priceless.

It reminded me of one I took somewhere last year. It's not concentration we see there (I think) but despair at a lack of money  :D

(http://pegelli.smugmug.com/Events/Dyxum-Meet-16Oct2010-Naarden/PEGA8500197320101016/1066169429_VFujX-L.jpg) (http://pegelli.smugmug.com/Events/Dyxum-Meet-16Oct2010-Naarden/14250862_xeCYL#1066169429_VFujX-A-LB)

Looking forward to more from you Russ, and people feel free to add other streetshots here as well. I would be very happy if a lot of you broke into this thread and showed us what you got in terms of "street"