Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: philipkenney on July 28, 2011, 04:50:18 pm

Title: Storm Rolling In
Post by: philipkenney on July 28, 2011, 04:50:18 pm
I've been working on a personal project doing landscapes in the MidSouth (Memphis, TN area) where I live. We do not have mountains or miles of flat desert or sandy beaches - we are simple. Well the other day I was just going for a walk with my wife and dog and saw a storm rolling in so I grabbed my camera. We walked 1/2 a mile to this spot and keep taking exposures until I got lightning. Five minutes later we were soaked walking 1/2 mile back to our car. What we do for shots sometimes.....


Title: Re: Storm Rolling In
Post by: Justan on July 29, 2011, 12:34:21 am

That would be a stunner of a capture even without the lightning strike! Composition, lighting, subject, it's all there!
Title: Re: Storm Rolling In
Post by: wirehunt on July 30, 2011, 11:08:10 pm
That's a good looking photo.
Title: Re: Storm Rolling In
Post by: Andrew Makiejewski on July 31, 2011, 08:08:32 am
A great image. The detail in the coulds really adds to the image.