Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: decemberlight on July 08, 2011, 05:22:28 pm
-
Unless I completely missed something, Peter Lik in a most recent show shoots a Milky Way galaxy photo with what looked like the PhaseOne DF and gets a beautiful crisp focus of the stars and nebulae with a 30 MINUTE SHUTTER ! Did the planet stop rotating for him ? Or was it really just a 30 second shutter ? I believe he said 30 minutes. Also mentioned the max ISO was 400.
Thank you.
Scott
-
A lot of what Pete says during the show is fiction. However for that shot I believe he was actually using a 35mm dSLR and not the Mamiya and Phase One back (he did say 30 seconds though, not minutes, so that part would have been accurate). You've got to understand that this show is really all about entertainment and not a photo "how to" lesson.
-
A lot of what Pete says during the show is fiction. However for that shot I believe he was actually using a 35mm dSLR and not the Mamiya and Phase One back (he did say 30 seconds though, not minutes, so that part would have been accurate). You've got to understand that this show is really all about entertainment and not a photo "how to" lesson.
THank you.
Guess I should wear my glasses when watching the show.
-
You can mount your camera on a tracking mount for a telescope and do a 30 minute exposure. Here's a Flickr discussion on options: http://www.flickr.com/groups/25191652@N00/discuss/72157600833290348/.
Neil
-
You can't track stars if you have something in the foreground though like the telescope building in Pete's photo because it will blur - it would have to be a double-exposure; nor can you do a 30-minute exposure with a Phase One P-65+ back. 'Twas a 35mm dslr and 30-seconds and a LOT of post processing...