Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: paul_jones on June 22, 2011, 10:55:06 pm

Title: who here is using C1 6 with a leaf back?
Post by: paul_jones on June 22, 2011, 10:55:06 pm
how is it going? is it fast to tether? any issues?

cheers paul

Title: Re: who here is using C1 6 with a leaf back?
Post by: photo570 on June 23, 2011, 04:27:53 am
Hi Paul,
         Jason Berge here, I do give me a call some time.

Cheers.
Title: Re: who here is using C1 6 with a leaf back?
Post by: design_freak on June 23, 2011, 05:05:13 am
I had no problem with it. (Mamiya DM33) . It's very stable, any problems with buffer.
Title: Re: who here is using C1 6 with a leaf back?
Post by: paul_jones on June 23, 2011, 07:00:46 am
thanks for the replies guys. jason, ill give you a call.

cheers paul

Title: Re: who here is using C1 6 with a leaf back?
Post by: robert zimmerman on June 23, 2011, 08:14:56 am
aptus II 7 and c1 6.2
everything runs perfect, fast and stable.
the only thing that bothers me is the green flickering screen thing.
it's a c1 bug though and eventually they'll get it worked out...
Title: Re: who here is using C1 6 with a leaf back?
Post by: UlfKrentz on June 23, 2011, 09:11:42 am
If it works, fine, but are there any advantages to somebody not using and not familiar with C1? I´d really like to know.

Cheers, Ulf
Title: Re: who here is using C1 6 with a leaf back?
Post by: Doug Peterson on June 23, 2011, 12:01:24 pm
If it works, fine, but are there any advantages to somebody not using and not familiar with C1? I´d really like to know.
C1:
- also works with dSLRs
- Focus Mask
- Extremely flexible UI
- Overlay tool
- Color Editor
- Local Adjustments
- Perspective Correction
- Imports/plays movie
- Clarity / Vignette
- Full exposure/curve/level/RGB controls
- Skin tone uniformity tool

Also very sophisticated process recipes including:
- Watermark
- Optionally Disable Sharpening

And on the list goes.

If only used for capturing the difference is only moderate. If you want to do any sort of adjustment, refinement, "look" while tethered or afterwards C1 is generally more powerful.

There are a few things LC still does better though. For instance when doing table-top/product with an electronic lens system on a view camera LC can open the shutter and begin live view with one button push. This is coming to C1, but is not there today.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me) ([email protected])
__________________

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter (http://"http://www.captureintegration.com/our-company/newsletters/") | RSS Feed (http://"http://www.captureintegration.com/2008/08/11/rss-feeds/")
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off (http://"http://www.captureintegration.com/phase-one/buy-capture-one/")
Title: Re: who here is using C1 6 with a leaf back?
Post by: UlfKrentz on June 23, 2011, 12:33:53 pm
Well, while I probably will have to use C1 at the latest when LC is not further developed I´m actually not missing anything from your list. This might be because I don´t know what´s hiding behind your keywords. I´m not familiar with C1, so for example I don´t know what is the difference between Focus Mask in C1 and the use of live view / loupe in LC. We usually don´t use any "looks" in the capture software but work accurate on single selected images in PS. I know, I can´t expect operating instruction and I´ll have to offer up some time to take a deeper look, but will it be worth the effort? What about the image quality of the processed files? This would make it easier for me to take the step.

Cheers, Ulf
Title: Re: who here is using C1 6 with a leaf back?
Post by: BJNY on June 23, 2011, 01:21:57 pm
I wish I had an Aptus II...then I'd be using Capture One for sure.
There is a hardware difference between Aptus II and Aptus 75S I use
which causes the previews to come in slower.
That's why I'm still using nimble Leaf Capture.
Title: Re: who here is using C1 6 with a leaf back?
Post by: Ben Rubinstein on June 23, 2011, 03:32:33 pm
Can you use the latest LC on the older backs? Does it have tethered live view with focus mask? Didn't know that it had the C1 focus mask.
Title: Re: who here is using C1 6 with a leaf back?
Post by: yaya on June 23, 2011, 05:09:14 pm
Can you use the latest LC on the older backs? Does it have tethered live view with focus mask? Didn't know that it had the C1 focus mask.

LC works with backs as old as the Leaf C-Most from 2001 (although it is not officially supported)

There is Live View with a focus/ contrast meter

There is no focus mask but there is a very fast and accurate loupe tool