Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: Michael Bailey on April 22, 2011, 06:06:09 pm
-
Hello,
Experience and the owner's manual tell me the answer to this question is no, but I'm hoping someone might share a clever workaround.
Can I set my D-700 to bracket by ISO, if I'm using manual exposure mode? In other words, if my situation calls for, say,
ISO 800, 1/30th at f.:4,
is there a way to tell the camera to shoot three frames and vary only the ISO?
Thanks, MB
-
There's no way that I know of. It would be a smart thing to add, at least as a way to prevent blown highlights. But as far as gain adjustment goes, so long as you haven't blown any highlights, using digital gain adjustment in post is either just as good (high ISOs) or almost as good (low ISOs).
On newer cameras with Sony sensors (Nikon D5100, D700, Pentax K-5), you can just use digital gain adjustments at will, without a practical penalty. If you felt like it, you could shoot at ISO 100 all day and night, and use differential gain adjustments.