Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: mpost on January 26, 2011, 09:24:58 pm

Title: Changing Sort Order in Lightroom 3
Post by: mpost on January 26, 2011, 09:24:58 pm
I just imported a group of 125 scanned images into Lightroom 3 and I want to change the order of the photographs.  If I go to View, the User Sort is greyed out. 

Any suggestions?
Title: Re: Changing Sort Order in Lightroom 3
Post by: Schewe on January 26, 2011, 09:48:03 pm
You must be at the root folder level or in a Collection to be able to drag and drop the change of the order. If you are viewing an enclosing with subfolder you can change the order manually. Click on the root folder and you can change the order by drag & drop...
Title: Re: Changing Sort Order in Lightroom 3
Post by: NikoJorj on January 27, 2011, 05:50:15 am
Just as Jeff said ; and first, get out of the "last import" view (where user order is not available afaik).
Title: Re: Changing Sort Order in Lightroom 3
Post by: mpost on January 27, 2011, 10:12:34 am
Thanks Jeff and Niko.  I exited out of Lightroom, and thereby the 'last import' and I am now able to resort by 'User Sort'

Thanks

btw Jeff, just love your book with Martin.  My only concern was the photograph of you on the back.  I think you are pushing creative liberty here.

again thanks