Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: JTPhotographics on January 13, 2011, 03:06:26 pm

Title: Cokin GND filter Help please
Post by: JTPhotographics on January 13, 2011, 03:06:26 pm
Good morning all,

I purchased a Cokin P121M Graduated ND4 Filter the other day to sister my Cokin P121 Graduated ND8 filter.

Here is where the confusion is: When I compare these filters side by side, the appear to be identical and tone and shading. One does not look darker than the other.

I know this might be a dumb question, but I am new to GND filters.

Does this sound right?

Cheers
John
Title: Re: Cokin GND filter Help please
Post by: Canon Bob on January 13, 2011, 04:02:58 pm
It's not a dumb question but the difference in "shade" might be much less than you're expecting as there's only a 1 stop variation between the two....1 stop is not always easy to see.

Bob
Title: Re: Cokin GND filter Help please
Post by: JTPhotographics on January 13, 2011, 07:11:59 pm
Thanks Bob,

I did wonder if that was the case.

Cheers
John