Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Michael West on December 09, 2010, 10:02:09 pm
-
I've got four galleries that I need to upload to a clients website.
Lightroom outputs the index file as "index.html" which leads a bit to be desired as that name tends to be the root page of most websites.
I found the need have lightrom "provide" a unique name for the ndex Page of each gallery after uploading one of the galleries. and thereby making the clients site virtually disappear.
Ive tried opening the gallery's index pages output by lightroom, in dreamweaver with very bad results.
Yes I am an html dummie,
-
Upload each Lightroom gallery to a subfolder, and then create a page in Dreamweaver that links to them.
-
Perhaps I misunderstand, but I don't write the linking url to link to the index in the Exported Gallery folder; the url links to the exported folder itself wherin the index is located. So so long as the folder name is unique, the multiple files named which are identically maned "index" has not been a factor in my work.
I am no web developer and I may be too unsophisticated to have even understood your concern.
John
-
Web module allows you to create web photo galleries that have websites that features thumbnail images that link to larger versions of images. The panels on the left side of Lightroom's Web module contains a list of templates and a preview of their layouts.
-
I've got four galleries that I need to upload to a clients website.
Lightroom outputs the index file as "index.html" which leads a bit to be desired as that name tends to be the root page of most websites.
I found the need have lightrom "provide" a unique name for the ndex Page of each gallery after uploading one of the galleries. and thereby making the clients site virtually disappear.
Ive tried opening the gallery's index pages output by lightroom, in dreamweaver with very bad results.
Yes I am an html dummie,
I do this all the time for my own website but upload directly from Dreamweaver rather than LR. I'm not sure what they issue is here since it's been my experience that galleries are always exported from LR as folders that you can give your own name to. Within the folder will be one or more 'index.html' pages depending on how big your gallery is (and this of course is configurable within LR). As long as these folders are uploaded to a website, there should be not effect at all on the 'main' index.html file of that site. John Beardy has the correct solution (and this is how I do it as well). I think we need a little more information about what you are trying to do here (are you the webmaster of this client website?).