Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: hacimd on October 06, 2010, 10:43:51 am
-
I have a 4x5 Rodenstock lens that needs to be repaired. Does anyone know of a reliable repair center in the U.S. ? The shutter is only working above 250 s.s. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
-
http://www.skgrimes.com/ (http://www.skgrimes.com/)
-
SK Grimes as mentioned above are great.
They should be able to repair any shutter that is still repairable including some of the oldest.
Rod :)
-
If you're on the West Coast, try ICT(International Camera Technicians) in Mountain View, California. Manfred is ethical and does quality work.
-
If you're on the West Coast, try ICT(International Camera Technicians) in Mountain View, California. Manfred is ethical and does quality work.
I live in the Bay Area and have a current model out-of-warranty Canon zoom that has uneven focus side to side. Do you, or does anyone else, know if ICT has an optical bench and has a good record of making such adjustments to lenses? The Bay Area would be convenient for me, but I am willing to ship if someone knows of a better service provider.
The owner of Lensrentals.com suggests that Canon is not always that reliable for doing this kind of service, and he should have quite a bit of experience with repairs of a large volume of equipment. So, since the lens is out of warranty, I am searching for better alternatives.