Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Kirk Gittings on September 09, 2010, 01:33:20 pm

Title: Crop problem?
Post by: Kirk Gittings on September 09, 2010, 01:33:20 pm
This with the new update. PC Vista.

I am working on am image now with a crop....when I open it in PS the crop has moved to the left=significantly different than the LR view?
Any thoughts? The other LR edits seem OK.

Title: Re: Crop problem?
Post by: Kirk Gittings on September 09, 2010, 01:48:52 pm
If I export it first and then open in PS the crop is correct? What gives?
Title: Re: Crop problem?
Post by: Wayne Fox on September 09, 2010, 06:26:23 pm
Maybe different versions of ACR?  Just a stab in the dark ... sounds strange.
Title: Re: Crop problem?
Post by: Kirk Gittings on September 09, 2010, 09:46:58 pm
Well maybe I don't understand something. I am opening it up from the LR3 "Edit In" menu. Then open with LR edits. Then it doesn't open in ACR in CS4 at all. It just opens in CS4 without going through ACR. So I don't see how that could be the problem.
Title: Re: Crop problem?
Post by: Wayne Fox on September 10, 2010, 03:01:36 pm
Well maybe I don't understand something. I am opening it up from the LR3 "Edit In" menu. Then open with LR edits. Then it doesn't open in ACR in CS4 at all. It just opens in CS4 without going through ACR. So I don't see how that could be the problem.
I would agree.  I don't think your original post mentioned CS4 which would require LR 3 to render the file as  tiff to open, whereas I believe with CS5 LR will push the information over to ACR to render into Photoshop.

Does it happen on every image or is it random?
Title: Re: Crop problem?
Post by: Kirk Gittings on September 10, 2010, 06:31:11 pm
So far just this one image out of a large commercial shoot which I solved by exporting it and then opening it in CS4.